August 1, 2009

FUN IN THE 100+ DEG

This last week we had 4 days of 100+ degree weather. Makes me glad for air conditioning, but it also makes it hard to work. I have to soak up the sun while I can. So Monday we went on a speed boat tour of the Willamette river,Tuesday I played at the lake, Wednesday we went to the beach, and Thursday I went golfing & spent 6 hours on the kayak! Doesn't get much better than this!












When we first got in, dad had an interesting time trying to get the water out of his kayak :)

















Once we got the water out, we set sail for a 10 mile trip down the Lewis river. It only took us 4 hours. Some parts of the river were deep & cold, others were warm & about 2 feet deep in the center.






We saw a bald eagle & about 8 other hawks & eagles fishing along the way.





By the end of the day, we had spent 10 hours in the 90 degree sun. It was fun, but we got fried!








No comments:

Post a Comment